Columbia MFG, LLC
Rotational Molded Polyethylene Pedestals
- Linear low density polyethylene with UV inhibitors
(This is the same classification of polyethylene used as jacket for UD medium voltage cable.)
- Excellent weathering characteristics
- High Environmental Stress Crack Resistance
- High Tensile Strength
- High impact strength at low temperatures
- Dielectric strength of 450 volts per mil.
- All external hardware 304 stainless steel
- Standard Munsell Green color identifies pedestal as power
- Alternate colors for special application included Light Green, Gray, Black, Brown, Tan, and Purple.
- Connectors & Insulating cover factory installed in pedestal.
- Stainless Steel Stake
- Graphics; molded-in engraved logo, name etc.; colored surface applied vinyl warning and ID graphics; colored pre-mold and post molded custom graphics; all factory applied to customers specs.
- All pedestal tops interchangeable size for PA200 and PF300.
- Temporary service power module for unmetered power will fit either PA200 or PF300 pedestal.
- CF600 hand hole is physically interchangeable with AB Chance unit.
These Columbia pedestals include design features such as molded in threaded inserts for locks to assure all insulated surfaces on inside of pedestal and use of nylon screws for securing connectors, as a no cost adder option to further evidence details of operating safety to customers.
A complete copy of the polyethylene material specification is available upon request.
The inert characteristic of polyethylene, the physical design of the pedestal and the design options which Columbia has incorporated make it the most versatile and still competitive pedestal choice available today.
©2004 SouthWestern Association. All Rights reserved. Legal Notice
This page revised 11/24/08